Discovering the XVIIIth century
Listed as a Historic Monument, the Hôtel de Caumont is one of Aix-en-Provence’s finest private mansions and dates back to the eighteenth century. The ‘Discovering the Hôtel de Caumont’ project is an educational initiative that is designed to introduce children to everyday life in the eighteenth century.
"Discovering the XVIIIth century" is an educational and cultural program which aims to develop children's general culture and to make them aware of the history and richness of their region's heritage.
This educational initiative, designed around the discovery of the daily life of children in the eighteenth century, offers creative activities such as plastic arts or theater allowing dialogue, creativity and expression of the potential of each while deepening knowledge on the history and evolution of thought in the eighteenth.
Terms and Conditions of participation
Culture for Children offers the program free of charge to eligible childcare facilities:
- REP/REP+ or QPV, CLA primary schools, or primary schools located in isolated rural areas;
- Medical structures for children with disabilities aged 5 to 18;
- Social structures and associations (children from 5 to 12 years old);
- Pediatric hospitals (children from 5 to 12 years old).
Transport remains at your charge.
Registration is mandatory via the orange button « Participate ».
Prepare your visit
Instructions for the visit
- It’s recommended that there be at least one accompanying adult for every five children.
- Picnics are not allowed in the gardens of the Hôtel de Caumont. You can go to the Parc Jourdan for this purpose which is a 10 minutes walk from Caumont.
- The Hôtel de Caumont is fully accessible to people with reduced mobility; a lift provides access to both gardens. If necessary, please indicate the number of children with wheelchairs for the visit.
Culture for Children develops the educational content of the program
- Flyer (to come)
- Guide pédagogique "A la découverte de Caumont"
- Cocotte à gages
Ombline d'Avezac, Projects coordinator : email@example.com